My name is Simona, I’m Italian and I participate in the project Sup&rITN.
I started my research in the month of June 2014 at the Centro de Tecnología Repsol (CTR).
My project is a part of the study of road paving sustainable, and in particular relates to the study of a hybrid system in which it is used in the mixture of bituminous conglomerate the crumb tire rubber together with a polymer matrix which improves the physical and mechanical performance during the life useful pavement.
In the European Union the used tyres annual build-up is of about 3.250.000 tons of pieces.
The roads realized with “modified asphalts” with crumb rubber offer several advantages:
- high durability of the pavement and exceptional resistance to aging, with international experience of duration up to three times compared to that of a traditional asphalt
- consequent significant reduction of interventions and maintenance costs
- considerable noise reduction
- excellent drainage in case of rain, with strong improvement in visibility
- excellent response in the event of sudden braking
- use of a resource resulting from the recycling of tires disused, an operation of important environmental value
- MAIL: email@example.com
- PHONE: 0034 651970991
- LINKEDIN: Simona Senise
- TWITTER: @SimonaSenise
Follow me! =)